Sunday, July 27, 2008

ROS - THINGS I HAVE LEARNED IN MY LIFE SO FAR.




I love this book, and I love the title. Makes me think. What have I learnt so far in my life? Wisdom definitely comes with age, but childlike spontaneity can be lost, as you grow older due to life’s responsibilities.
This book is the result of his latest break. Holidays are obviously important; they allow you to truly relax, which in turn can help your creativity. Sounds good doesn’t it!
“Trying to look good limits my life”, this statement is set out through hand-sculptured typography set within the scenery. He manages to bring words to life by merging the font into an organic setting which gives it a greater pictorial impact.
His design is more hands on, not computer generated; I really appreciate this type of work because it is really free, artistic and quirky.
Is it a tongue in cheek pun at graphic designers, because we are always trying to make work look good?
Very cheeky.
Enjoy the video link.

http://www.omnivoracious.com/2008/05/guest-bloggin-1.html

No comments: