Sunday, November 23, 2008

Govinda - The Forgotten Tiles Blog Post

The first tiles blog that I forgot about

I’ve been having a hard time trying to come up with a concept for this tile project. The whole visual metaphor thing is spinning me out. I wanted to explore a medium that either I’m not familiar with to challenge myself, or use photography.

I couple of my ideas:

1. Use typography and colour to explore the roles of members in a design practice. Use a variety of fonts to represent the different roles. For example, a clean, bold and mature font representing the art director.
2. Use photography to explore developing strategies to stay abreast of industry trends and directions.
3. Use ink and paint to explore the journey or process of design.

I am leaning towards number 3 as it will be more interesting than the 1 and easier than 2.

No comments: