Sunday, November 9, 2008

PAOLO - VISUAL METAPHORS finish


This was a nice challenge, even if I have chosen a theme already used in the past
it was very difficult to come out with fresh, different ideas and concepts and trying not to be repetitive. It took me about 3 weeks to get the 8 metaphors, than because last year illustrations have been used , I have decided not to make it totally illustrative, just to be different, so I  started playing around with photoshop and doing a sort of  blended collage. I wanted to give it a sort of mysterious and confused apparence but also
having the viewer reflecting on the metaphors and drawing  personal conclusions. Then I thought that I was not gonna have all the time necessary to make it looking like I really wanted to,  time was really running out so I decided to keep the darkness , not to much, but also give it a funny look and putting my face on alice`s body. I must be honest, I am not completely satisfied  at the end but it`s been a good experience and I have learned a lot and I` ve also been struggling a lot to get the job done............ adding bloody bleeds was a problem too.

No comments: