Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rosalind - My Hallway Tiles


Well what can I say? I took my little woodland creatures on a journey and naturally drew my birdman "stress" first, because thats how I was feeling at the time. I then became a maniac and drew all my animals one after the other over a few days with lots of breaks and wandering out into the garden which is always a welcome distraction.

I had an image in my head of how I wanted the tiles to turn out and pretty much achieved that vision, thank god. This assignment became extremely important to me, one because my work would be on display and two because I created little characters that I want to continue creating and working with. I am happy with the end result, which is a good thing because I am a perfectionist by nature and can sometimes be my own worst enemy.

What did I learn? Luckily I am organised and I followed my little time sheet that we filled out for Clea, otherwise I would not have achieved what I wanted.

Problem = find the key to your solution
Wisdom = see the wise owl
Stress = don't let your feathers fall out
Instinct = be cunning like a fox
Copyright = watch out for the copycat
Unique = stand out from the crowd
Confusion = the mind maze
Unveil = the final curtain 

No comments: